We are excited to share that we will be co-facilitating a six week Mothering Through Domestic Violence (MTDV)class in person this fall at the Advocacy Center offices in downtown Ithaca. The fall MTDV group will meet on Wednesdays from September 21 to October 26.
Mothering through Domestic Violence is a psycho-educational class for women who are navigating the challenges of motherhood in the aftermath of domestic violence. The group is open to custodial and non-custodial mothers of any age and identity who have been abused by former intimate partners. Class topics include:
- Effects of domestic violence on mothers and their children
- What we learn growing up with DV
- Characteristics of strong families
- Parenting skills that build resiliency, support, and safety
- Talking about “hard stuff” with kids
- Creating a personal parenting plan and affirmations
To schedule an intake meeting, or to ask questions about the group, please do one of the following
Not sure if this group is a good match for you or someone you know? Interested but not sure you can join us this fall? Talk with us and see. We plan to offer this group again in Winter 2023, and the Advocacy Center offers other groups that may match your needs if this one does not.
Want to share or post our outreach flier? the pdf for it is here: MTDV Fall 2022 flyer
Thank you! Taniqua & Lyn